- Do you know someone who is an "outstanding" CARL member?
- Would you like to see this person honored for their achievements and service?
- Then please, take a moment to tell us who this is and why you think so.
The CARL President will present the Outstanding CARL Member Award at a
plenary session of the upcoming CARL Conference. The award recognizes
the achievements and contributions of an outstanding member of our
organization, and includes a $300 monetary award in addition to a
TO MAKE A NOMINATION
- Your name, position/affiliation, and contact information.
- The person you are nominating, their position/affiliation, and contact information.
- A brief summary of the nominee's contributions to CARL and to California academic libraries. (see details below)
- Names of people to contact for additional information about the nominee.
Send by Monday, March 7th, 2016 to:
Ben Lea, CARL Vice President - South
What to highlight about your nominee:
Recent and past achievements, emphasizing service to CARL. Be specific and provide dates where possible. For example:
- Successful CARL program planning
- Leadership in developing new goals, directions, and interests for CARL
- Accomplishment of special CARL projects
- Publication on behalf of CARL
- Outstanding public speaking on behalf of CARL
- Guidance offered to incoming professionals
- Consistent dedication to the needs of California academic and research
libraries and the librarians and other staff who serve in them
While special recognition is given to recent service, consistency of
support for CARL and for the profession is also given close attention.
Although service on the national level is given consideration, greater
emphasis is placed on achievements on behalf of California academic
libraries, librarians and other staff.