California Academic & Research Libraries
Research Award Committee Procedures
- CARL President will appoint Research Committee.
- After CARL Research Award Committee is appointed and the Chair selected,
Chair posts a notice of the availability of the Award to the CARL listserver
and submits a notice to the CARL newsletter.
- Soon after the proposal deadline and allowing a reasonable period of
time for receipt of late arriving proposals with proper postmarked dates,
CARL Research Award Committee Chair contacts CARL Membership Director verifying
current membership status of each applicant.
- CARL Research Award Committee Chair sends out copies of proposals to
committee members with individual evaluation forms attached. Since judging
is blind, each proposal has names and contact information blocked out.
- Carl Research Award Committee Chair compiles committee results and
sends Committee's nomination for award to the CARL President who, with
the CARL Executive Board, reviews and approves the recommendation.
- CARL President notifies CARL Research Award Committee Chair of acceptance
of Committee's nomination for award. CARL Research Committee Chair notifies
awardee(s) of successful submission. Successful candidate is asked to present
the results of their research or update CARL members by providing a summary
of the research for a future issue of the CARL Newsletter and by placing
the information on the CARL web site.
- Chair notifies non-awarded proposals of their status and thanks them
for their submission.
- CARL Research Award Committee Chair sends significant Committee correspondance
and original proposals to the CARL Archives.
- President asks Web site manager to place name and research paper title
of the successful Research Award Winner(s) on the website.
Return to CARL home page |
Return to CARL Policies & Procedures