Library Systems Technician (421201-2022057-042022-02)
First Consideration Date:
Language Arts (Library Administration)
Months per Year:
Work Days per Week:
5 – Monday through Friday
Work Schedule per Day:
Anticipated work hours for this position are:
Monday: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Work Shift for this Position (select all that apply):
34-1 (33 plus 1 shift differential) (Starting salary for a new classified hire at Citrus College is fixed at Step 1.)
$4,249.68/mth ($24.52/hr) Salary listed includes a temporary 2% increase that expires on 12/31/23.
The District provides a fully paid, comprehensive program of fringe benefits including major medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and eligible dependents. Life insurance provided for employee only.
A Complete Application Packet Includes:
Optional Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document (s)
- Licenses and Certificates
Additional Applicant Documents:
Assists/Supports the Systems Librarian in maintaining the library’s automated systems including the library services platform (LSP), e-resources, and library website. Researches and resolves basic technical issues surrounding automated library systems including LSP, referring complex problems to the Systems Librarian, service provider or technology staff of the District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists/Supports the Systems Librarian in maintaining library automated systems including the library services platform (LSP), e-resources, and library website.
- Researches and resolves basic technical issues surrounding automated systems and LSP, referring the most complex problems to the Systems Librarian, service provider, or technology staff of the District.
- Provides technical assistance on use of computers and software programs including remote access, (including web proxy servers ie EZproxy) and LSP.
- Provides first and second-level help to library staff and patrons, troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Participates in installing and configuring upgrades to existing networks that enhance continuous operations, desired performance, and service.
- Participates in troubleshooting to resolve hardware and software issues including but not limited to connectivity, internet access, and file servers.
- May assist library patrons at Check Out, Reserves, and/or Media desks.
- Participates/Assists in maintenance and configuration of the fulfillment, reserves, and acquisitions modules of the LSP including, but not limited to setting the calendar, hours, loan rules, letters, and notifications.
- Participates/Assists in pulling/running and generating various reports from LSP and e-resources.
- Assists Librarians, including the Systems Librarian, in training library staff on the use of the automated modules including LSP modules and various computer programs
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires working technical knowledge of standard computer hardware and software
- Requires a working knowledge of operating systems.
- Must understand the protocols and procedures for setting up new equipment, troubleshooting and performing routine maintenance.
- Requires an in-depth procedural knowledge of library methods, practices and terminology including use of Exlibris Alma and Primo library services platform and library e-resources
- Must have a complete understanding of the Dewey Decimal System of classification and the American Library Association rules for cataloguing.
- Requires a complete understanding of Library operations, goals and objectives.
- Requires sufficient human relations skills to convey specialized concepts to students and to resolve urgent computer system needs.
- Requires sufficient arithmetic skills to arrange materials in numerical sequences and to calculate sums.
- Requires sufficient writing skills to document instructions on use of library services.
- Must be able to perform all of the duties of the position with only general supervision and support.
- Requires the ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot networked computer workstations, systems, and programs used in both instruction and administrative areas.
- Must be able to analyze and evaluate the needs of users and develop alternative solutions.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and timetables.
- Must be able to read, interpret and apply complex technical information including equipment schematics.
- Must be able to give one-on-one training in the use of microcomputers and common software.
- Must be able to apply and explain library services, layout, rules, and policies.
- Requires the ability to deal courteously with library patrons including students and faculty.
See Education and Experience below.
- One year or more of experience with ExLibris Alma and Primo library services platform or coursework in computer information systems.
- Possession of an associate degree or higher in Library/Information Technology, or a Certificate of Achievement in Library/Information Technology, or coursework in Library/Information Technology.
- Two or more years of experience working in a library at a college or university.
Education and Experience:
Education and Experience
- An associate degree, or the completion of at least sixty (60) college-level semester units, and two years of library circulation experience; or, in the absence of an associate degree, or the completion of at least sixty (60) college-level semester units, four years of library circulation experience.
- Must be able to function indoors in an office and/or library circulation desk environment engaged in work primarily of a sedentary to moderately active nature.
- Requires hearing and speech ability for ordinary conversation and to project voice to a small group.
- Requires sufficient manual and/or finger dexterity to type/keyboard and otherwise operate microcomputers and other office equipment.
- Requires ambulatory ability to sit, walk, to move about office and campus environs, and to lift and carry light to medium weight materials on an intermittent basis.
Licenses and Certificates:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Citrus College Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the District not to discriminate against and to encourage a diversity of applicants based on national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, use of family and medical care leave, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, or because they are perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one of more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications are considered legal documents, and as such, all areas of the application must be completed, or your application packet will be considered incomplete and will not be moved forward. While it may be appropriate in some areas of your application to use “NA” (not applicable), do not use terms such as “see resume” or “see attached”. When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required documents, and those additional documents you choose to include, are attached BEFORE clicking the “Finished Attaching Documents” button and confirming. It is advisable to attach “Optional” documents first, and then “Required” documents once you are ready to click on the “Finished Attaching Documents” button and confirming.
Application and Supplemental Questionnaire must be complete. A resume will not substitute for a fully completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications will be rejected. When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Additional documents cannot be added to your electronic application packet once you click on “Finished Attaching Documents” and receive your confirmation number; so, please be sure you have all documents you will upload handy and in an electronic format. the applicant tracking system will not accept documents larger than 2mb. if your documents do not upload, please resize. If you do not have all your documents handy at the time you are applying for the position, we advise you to click on “Finish Attaching Documents Later”. Be sure, however, to finish attaching your documents BEFORE the close or first consideration date for the position. Please remember, you will NOT be able to attach additional documents after you have selected “Finished Attaching Documents” and have received a confirmation number, and you will not be able to apply for a position after the position has closed.
Please note, should an applicant apply for a position more than once, only the most recently received application packet will be the one screened for completeness. All others will be deemed inactive, and will not be considered, regardless of completeness.
We regret we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed, or hand delivered application materials outside the online Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Only application materials submitted through this electronic format will be accepted. Exception: The Citrus College Form 101 must be mailed, or hand delivered to the Director of Human Resources in a sealed, confidential envelope.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to candidates with verified disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made at the time the interview appointment is scheduled.
Starting salary for a new classified hire at Citrus College is fixed at Step 1.
- Candidates must upload copies of all transcripts (need not be official at the time of application) which prove sufficient for verifying minimum qualifications for this position.
- Official transcripts will be required at the time of the job offer.
- Transcripts must be from the awarding institution and must show that the degree has been awarded (or conferred) and the year.
- Degree(s) must be earned (or conferred) from accredited institution(s) or an equivalent foreign institution by the first consideration date for this position.
- All degrees must be verifiable on a legible transcript by the indicated first consideration date for this position.
- Foreign transcripts must be transcribed in English AND evaluated for U.S. equivalency by a bona fide U.S. evaluation service.
Please note, although transcripts are not the only way to qualify for this position, if you claim to possess an associate degree, or higher (or you have completed at least 60 college-level semester units) and possess the required number of years of experience (refer to job description for details), please scan and upload your transcripts, and show on your application that you possess the required number of years of experience. If the degree is earned, be sure the award/conferred date is evident on the transcript. If you do not possess an associate degree (or higher), or if you have not completed at least sixty (60) college-level semester units, please show on your application you possess the required number of years of experience. Failure to submit the transcripts or indicate the required number of years of experience on your application will result in the screening out of your application packet.
- A selection committee will review application packages of those candidates who have met the minimum qualifications for this position and will select a limited number of qualified candidates for an interview.
- Each candidate may be asked to make a presentation on a topic of the selection committee’s choice. The candidate will be informed of the topic when an interview appointment is scheduled.
- Each candidate may be asked to provide a sample of his or her writing ability just prior to the interview.
- Travel costs must be borne by the applicant.
- Final candidates for faculty, management, and supervisor/confidential positions may be interviewed by the Superintendent/President.
- If selected as a finalist, the candidate permits the District to contact the current and former employer(s) to investigate past employment history.
Quicklink for Posting