Ryan Library at Point Loma Nazarene University is seeking qualified and collaborative candidates for two full-time faculty librarian positions. The library is seeking applicants with expertise in the following areas: 1) library systems and resource discovery, or 2) instructional services and information literacy in a digital environment. In addition to their primary role, the appointee may (according to background and interests) also contribute to the curation or supervision of archives and special collections.
Time: Full time
PLNU librarians provide or facilitate research support in a range of modalities, teaching information literacy, connecting students and faculty with resources in various formats, and equipping them to navigate the information landscape with confidence. All librarians engage in service to the department and the university through participation in faculty committees; engagement in departmental programming, planning, and other efforts; and frequent collaboration with colleagues across the university. Librarians also work in conjunction with the library’s paraprofessional staff in support of the operational activities that deliver library services to the university community.
Responsibilities begin mid-August, 2022. Academic rank and compensation will be based on the educational qualifications and professional experience of the successful candidate. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until both positions are filled.
PLNU is a vibrant Christian liberal arts university in the Wesleyan tradition with an undergraduate and graduate student body of around 4000 including over 40% students of color. PLNU seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber, skilled in the practice of teaching and scholarship. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.
- MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program required; additional relevant Master’s or doctoral degree required for promotion beyond Associate Professor
- Experience in the relevant specialization of academic librarianship (i.e., library systems and resource discovery, information literacy instruction, or archives/special collections)
- Personal commitment to Christ and active engagement in a faith tradition compatible with the university’s Wesleyan perspective
At the time of completing the application, you will need the following documents to upload:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- A statement of personal faith and its relation to your work
- A short essay regarding your practice and philosophy of academic librarianship
- Three professional references who can provide letters of recommendation
For questions, contact Denise Nelson, Director of Ryan Library, at email@example.com
Point Loma Nazarene University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices or procedures. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide quality educational and employment opportunities, PLNU actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education.