The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI) is a leader in the discovery and application of biomedical breakthroughs that improve human health. TSRI, one of the world’s largest independent non-profit biomedical research facilities, has over 3,000 employees and campuses in La Jolla, CA and Palm Beach County, FL. To learn more about TSRI, please visit us at www.scripps.edu.
Location is San Diego, CA Requisition: 03801
The Discovery & Access Systems (DAS) Librarian provides innovative leadership in the administration, management, integration, training and support of the Library’s discovery and resource management systems. The DAS Librarian supports library staff and users by ensuring computer and office technology is updated and maintained. The successful candidate takes initiative in updating and creatively enhancing the Library’s web presence.
For a detailed list of the duties and responsibilities please visit the TSRI website at: https://careers.scripps.edu/postings/search
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA)-accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with implementing, developing, and maintaining specialized library software systems, such as integrated library systems, Open URLlink resolvers, and interlibrary loan automation software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working in a library where the focus is on meeting information needs of specialized and demanding users, in a customer-oriented manner.
- Analytical skills and conceptual and problem-solving ability as it applies to systems troubleshooting.
Skilled in the use of a variety of operating systems (including Macintosh and Windows) and programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Acrobat).
- Skilled in the use of web technologies and web development tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator,HTML, CSS, XML, PHP, and SQL.
- Ability to use data and visualization software such as Sci2, MS Power BI, or Tableau preferred.
Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment and to interact effectively with faculty, staff, students and colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to establish work priorities, achieve goals and work within deadlines.
Salary commensurate with experience
To learn more about this opportunity and to submit your application for consideration, please visit our website at https://careers.scripps.edu
The Scripps Research Institute cannot accept your resume via email, US mail or fax due to EEO/OFCCP (Equal Employment Opportunity / Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) reporting requirements. Individual resumes submitted outside of our website will not be reviewed or considered.
If you are a person with disability who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in TSRI’s application, interview, and/or selection process, please contact our Human Resources Department for assistance at(858) 784-8534.
TSRI embraces diversity and recognizes it is being a key to our success.
We believe in developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. EOE M/F/V/D