The Sacramento City College Library is hiring for a tenure-track position, Public Services Librarian – Collections and Assessment.
The position begins on or around August 17, 2017.
From the posting:
Under the supervision of the Dean of Learning Resources, and in collaboration with the other librarians, the Public Services Librarian’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing reference and information services to students and staff.
- Providing library instruction in a variety of settings.
- Maintaining up-to-date instruction materials for library resources, including print and online publications and services.
- Utilizing current and emerging technology in reference and instruction duties.
- Selecting materials across all subject areas and formats.
- Developing quantitative and qualitative methods for determining the effectiveness and value of collection development activities across all formats in terms of how well they meet students’ needs.
- Supporting effective decision-making concerning acquisition, renewal, retention, and location of collections by analyzing collections data, presenting findings, and making recommendations.
- Applying strong analytical skills in support of library-wide collection management efforts.
- Assisting in the negotiation and licensing of online resources and in collaborative collection building.
- Working collaboratively with others throughout the Library and District to support collections-related activities.
- Monitoring trends in resource sharing, electronic resources, collection assessment, and collection management, and collaborating in the application of best practices to library processes.
Closes March 23.
For the complete job description and to apply, visit https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/3751