The California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) Library seeks a full-time Library faculty within the Teaching & Learning (TAL) program for the academic year 2017/18. This position will provide information literacy instruction to first year experience and general education courses, provide reference/research help at the Library’s Research Help Desk (both in person and virtually), participate in and attend Library faculty meetings. Some instruction and on-call research help hours will be scheduled for evenings and weekends. Other instructional and/or reference/research help duties and projects may be assigned.
Minimum requirements for the position include:
- MLS from an ALA-accredited or equivalent before start date.
- Experience providing reference and instruction in an academic library.
- Evidence of competency or experience with instructionally-related technologies.
- High level of self-motivation, enthusiasm and flexibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with colleagues, students, faculty, and staff.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Experience working with first-year college students.
- Recent experience providing reference and instruction in an academic library.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated commitment to diversity and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching.
Rank and Salary
- Rank and salary is at the Assistant Librarian level.
- This position is contingent on funding.
To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A completed faculty application
- Curriculum vita
- Three current references
- Letter of interest