The Meriam Library is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Librarian appointment to make a significant contribution to the library and to the teaching and learning environment at CSU, Chico by leading the implementation of the CSU Scholarworks Institutional Repository platform on campus. Working closely with the Special Collections and University Archives staff, the Institutional Repository Librarian will establish the IR and develop and maintain IR policies, procedures, and other necessary documentation. Working collaboratively with the Research, Instruction and Outreach Department the IR Librarian will also provide a range of liaison duties in support of the Meriam Library, its mission and strategic goals.
The successful candidate will:
• Engage with colleges, departments, and administrative units to determine the scope of a newly implemented institutional repository (IR) serving a campus community of 17,000 students, more than 950 faculty, and over 1,000 staff.
• Promote the IR to the campus community and proactively recruit appropriate and sustainable content for deposit.
• Work with student, staff, and faculty organizations to include underrepresented groups and viewpoints in the University Archives and repository.
• Coordinate and provide training in support of the IR and scholarly communication on campus.
• Work with the California State University Institutional Repository working group to develop the structure, standards, and procedures for implementing the IR platform (Fedora-Samvera/Hydra) at CSU Chico.
• Develop the taxonomy and authorities for the Institutional Repository.
• Develop and implement appropriate metadata standards for the description of IR material.
• Establish and maintain IR policies, procedures, and other necessary documentation in consultation with colleagues within the library and across campus.
• Serve as the library contact for the deposit of electronic theses and research projects into the IR.
• Appraise, arrange, and describe historical university archives collections.
• Support the Special Collections and University Archives unit by participating in reference, instruction, and outreach activities.
• Perform liaison duties, in subject areas to be determined, including information literacy instruction, collection development, and research consultation.
• Meet University requirements for tenure and promotion. Visit the webpage for more information.
For full information, visit https://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/4535