Position Category: Academic
Position Title: Reference Librarian
School/Department: Division of Library and Information Resources
Reports To: Dean, Division of Library and Information Resources
Appointment: Temporary, Special Faculty
Position Starts: 02/01/2018
Position Ends: 6/30/2019
Search open until position filled
Information & Responsibilities
California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) seeks applications for the temporary full-time position of Reference Librarian. Responsibilities include providing instructional services across all six schools and for all métiers, including conducting course-integrated library instruction. Providing reference services for all library patrons, in-person, via email and by phone. Collection development and management for performing and visual arts as well as general education materials. During the Access Services Librarian’s creative leave manage course reserves, interlibrary loan operations, student employee hiring, and training of circulation student workers. Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Library and Information Resources.
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent) from an ALA-accredited institution is required
- At least two years of professional experience working in an academic library is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in reference and library instruction.
- A strong commitment to excellence in public service and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative and culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
How to Apply
Candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references to the attention of Susan Lowenberg, Interim Dean (email@example.com) or mail to:
Re: Reference Librarian
California Institute of the Arts
24700 McBean Parkway
Valencia, CA 91355-2397
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.