Position Extended! Now closes on April 2
To Apply go to: https://clpccd.peopleadmin.com/postings/1033
Job Title: Librarian (Collections and Online Learning)
Position Type: Faculty
Tenure Information: Tenure Track
Position Code: 2FLR01
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary): $62,035 – $88,687/annual
Job Location: Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian (Collections and Online Learning) for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
- With consultation of other faculty librarians, provide leadership in selecting and deselecting print materials, DVD’s, and eBooks.
- A forward-thinking and strategic perspective on new and emerging trends in collection development, crafting an innovative approach to the library’s collections that is both student-centered and responsive to Chabot College curriculum, learning communities, and institutional learning outcomes.
- Select materials that reflect the information literacy and research needs of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Design and maintain online tutorials in the Library website including the use of Captivate or Camtasia, the Libguides content management system, and has knowledge of online learning modules software and tools such as Searchpath, Credo InfoLit Modules and/or Libwizard.
- With respect to further enhance the online learning and user experience of our students, provides input in maintaining and improving the Library web site and related library web services, including regularly evaluating new library tutorials, information literacy gaming and other tools and products
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative assessment to improve collections in support of the College’s priorities.
- Use data for the development of and to document the value of the collections.
- Analyze and report data regarding collection growth, usage, material costs, expenditures, etc. to inform budgetary collection decisions.
- Develop online curriculum and teach a Library Skills course online using Canvas (college platform).
- In collaboration with the library team, ensure that library procedures and policies are followed consistently.
- Act as key member of the library team in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the library’s programs and services.
- Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, staff and faculty.
- Provide library outreach activities to the college community, especially to online faculty and students.
- Teach effective information competency research strategies, including information literacy courses.
- Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Participate in campus and district professional activities, which may include but are not limited to Curriculum committee, staff development, and collegial meetings.
- Work or teach late afternoon, evening, distance learning and/or off campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular librarian assignment.
- Participate in on-going assessment of library programs including program review, strategic planning, and the development and implementation of new services, systems, and programs.
- Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in library science, library and information science, OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
- Knowledge of assessment tools, software, and processes relevant to academic library services, collection development, online education and online learning objects.
- Experience providing information competency instruction in a community college library.
- Experience providing reference services in an academic library setting.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively as the leader in collection development including the incorporation of recommendation and discussions of standards of selection from other faculty librarians and faculty at large.
- Knowledge and understanding of collection development policies for a community college library that first and foremost provides curriculum support for necessary research in its various disciplines.
- Knowledge of various acquisition and collection development tools such as EBSCOhost Collection Manager, Midwest, GOBI, and the acquisitions components of Worldshare Management System.
- Experience teaching online courses with a Learning Management System such as Canvas.
- Experience working with tutorial software such as Captivate, Camtasia, or Jing.
- Experience working with course module software such as Searchpath, Credo InfoLit Modules, or LibWizard.
- Experience measuring and evaluating User Experience, including providing effective usability tests of web sites and/or platforms.
- Knowledge of gaming information literacy software and techniques used in library tutorials.
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility standards including WCAG 2.0 AA standards. Understanding of necessary accessibility requirements for audiovisual materials such as DVD’s.
- Knowledge of working with and modifying content management systems such as Libguides and Omni Update.
- Experience providing innovative and creative leadership in the development of library programs and services.
- Experience in outreach activities for students and faculty.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Individuals with disabilities who are unable to carry out the physical activities of the position will receive reasonable accommodations to enable them to perform theessential functions of the position.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number: F37P
Open Date: 01/12/2018
Close Date: 04/02/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please write an essay of up to 250 words how you would plan a series of online tutorials and how you would evaluate them to determine if they provided effective instruction that addresses community college students’ research needs.(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement