The Drescher Library- Malibu Campus
Drescher Evening Supervisor is to provide excellent customer service while remaining mindful of the Pepperdine University mission and ethics. This position oversees evening library operations and closing of the library and works cooperatively with other departments in the library.
- Oversee evening library operations and closing of the library
- Work cooperatively with other departments in the library to provide excellent customer service for students, faculty, staff and other patrons
- Communicate with University faculty and assist in the ordering, processing, and maintenance of the reserves and electronic reserves systems
- Process interlibrary loan materials and requests received through ILLIAD system
- Show initiative in addressing workflow problems and anticipating changes in patron needs
- Oversee public copy machines and network printers
- Keep accurate and complete Circulation statistics in Google Docs
- Cover information/checkout desk
- Advise students and faculty in the general use of subject databases, and recognize when research questions need to be forwarded to the Drescher Librarian
- Supervise student circulation workers in the evening
- This position requires a flexible work schedule patterned after the Seaver College academic schedule and the Drescher Graduate academic schedule. The typical work schedule will include Sundays through Thursdays from 3:00 pm – midnight and may change during the spring, summer, and holiday months to adjust to the library’s operating hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Two years of college required. Excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills; must be able to work efficiently without direct supervision. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel, internet and email. Ability to lift and carry at least 20lbs., use stairs and move library book trucks full of books.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a regular, non-exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience