The University Library at California State University San Marcos seeks applicants for a full-time Library lecturer position for a two year contract. This position will be a split assignment within both the Teaching & Learning (TAL) and Library Technology, Initiatives, and Development (LTID) departments.
As a librarian in TAL (approximately 20 hours per week), this position will partner with the Physics, Computer Science, and Mathematics programs to develop students’ information literacy skills via reference and research help, in-class and online instructional efforts, and by developing collections that support these programs. In addition, as TAL faculty, this position provides information literacy instruction to first year experience and general education courses, provides reference/research help at the library’s Research Help Desk (both in person and virtually), and participates in library faculty meetings. Some instruction and on-call research help hours will be scheduled for evenings and weekends. This position will also be responsible for creating collections and establishing relationships with faculty in CSUSM’s new undergraduate Engineering program.
As a librarian in LTID (approximately 20 hours a week), this position will also serve as the UX Librarian. In this capacity, this librarian will:
- Assess and improve user experience design and accessibility workflows.
- Develop content management and training strategies for internal knowledge sharing.
- Work with Library departments to develop content management user interfaces and public-facing web application interfaces, including information architecture design.
- Provide leadership while serving on the Web and UX committee.
- Help develop and implement digital strategy policies and web presence assessment.
- Serve as a resource in the implementation of an embedded and holistic content management strategy.
- Lead UX assessment initiatives and collaborate with UX specialist in completing UX projects.
Other instructional and/or reference/research help duties and projects may be assigned.
This is a full-time benefits eligible position ending on or before June 30, 2020.
For more information, please visit: https://www.csusm.edu/facultyopportunities/lecturers/asst-librarian_1819_1920.html