Associate Manager/ Manager, Library & Information Services Operations
Specific Job Requirements
The Associate Manager, LIS contributes to the management of LIS resources that the department provides to, and manages for, the company. The incumbent aids in the evaluation, acquisition, deployment, optimization and management of journal subscriptions and external databases. Routine responsibilities will include:
• Managing external content supplier negotiations and renewals for resources and services
• Managing copyright compliance procedures and systems
• Managing document delivery and affiliated systems
• Building productive relationships with our publishers to keep up to date with product enhancements, account manager changes, pricing model or service model changes
• Managing projects to streamline renewal processes and contract management systems
• Contributing to budget planning process
• Partnering with Legal on the review of license agreements
• Leading advancements for automation and technology integration for literature access and literature management systems, such as text-mining, literature management systems, collaboration technologies, link resolution and authentication technologies
• Proposing, developing, and implementing departmental procedures and tools, as needed
• Managing contingent workers
Knowledge & Skills
• Subject matter expert in licensing and pricing models, and copyright guidelines and principles
• Advanced level knowledge of information science and comprehensive knowledge and experience with the products and providers of database and content resources standard in the pharmaceutical environment
• Ability to develop and maintain close working relationships and partnerships with external suppliers and with colleagues at all levels within Gilead
• Knowledge of information management technologies such as collaboration and search tools
• Strong ability to identify, analyze, solve problems and streamline processes
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work independently with only directional guidance from the manager, while adhering to well-defined and well-established group and departmental procedures and processes.
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) with a minimum of 7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, or information management industries is preferred.
Overview/Link to Apply
Are you an Electronic Resources Librarian ready for a new opportunity? Do you enjoy making content easier more discoverable and accessible and get geeked up about authentication technologies? UI? RA21? Tableau for a statistics dashboard? Are you ready to manage a team member? Gilead Sciences, Inc., in Foster City, CA has an open position in the Library & Information Services department. The successful applicant for the Operations Assoc. Manager/Manager position will have experience negotiating license agreements with publishers and providers for electronic resources, managing document delivery services and copyright compliance procedures and leading projects to streamline access to electronic journals and databases.
We are a growing team of six and provide research services and access to resources to all departments globally: All areas of Research & Development, Medical Affairs, Commercial and Strategy departments and more. Read more in the job posting below.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1277638
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.