Driven. Engaging. Innovative. Do these words motivate you? If so, then we want to talk with you. Academy of Art University offers a rewarding employment experience for those who excel in a dynamic environment and who can consistently deliver high-caliber customer service. We thrive on ingenuity and pursue ideas every day that lead to extraordinary opportunities for tomorrow. Apply here for your next career!
Academy of Art University seeks a full-time Systems and Online Resources Librarian. In this role, the Systems and Online Resources Librarian will collaborate with the Director of the Library on a variety of operational matters including technological budget planning, vendor management, database and software management, online curriculum resource management as well as other duties. The Librarian must have strong customer service skills and be able to provide helpful solutions that will meet the needs of the Academy’s faculty and students. The Academy’s Library is located in the financial district of San Francisco which is two blocks from the city’s major transit lines – BART and MUNI.
In addition to the above, the Systems and Online Resources Librarian will:
- Partner with Academy departments such as Information Technology and Online Education to further develop and maintain the library’s technology and online resources.
- Compile reports, gather statistical data and use that information to maintain systems and operations.
- Manage the library’s website and its functionality for all end users. Conduct patron surveys and analyze usage statistics to ensure optimal performance.
- Maintain library knowledge management tools, (e.g. library intranet and wiki). Train and supervise library staff in the use of online resources. Troubleshoot issues in relation to these technologies.
- Create, implement and support online content, resources, and services that relate to information literacy, research and related Academy resources.
- Coordinate the digitization and delivery of appropriate resources to students and faculty in need of research support.
- Create web-based tutorials and virtual tours highlighting library resources and services in collaboration with the Director and the Information Literacy Librarian.
- Acts as Project Manager for one-time and ongoing projects concerning online resources related to the library, including but not limited to, online tutorials, subject guides and collaborative projects with academic departments.
- Deliver online library instruction in real time as well as asynchronously to online students through the use of Adobe Connect, digital tutorials, and other tools.
- Perform outreach to academic and support departments to promote online library resources and services for faculty and students.
- Conduct and support library instruction sessions that demonstrate use of the library’s online resources for various Academy of Art University class groups and faculty.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s in Library Science (MLS) or equivalent is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of ILS Millennium/Sierra system is required.
- Excellent computer skills including programming languages XHTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL.
- Expert use of Adobe Dreamweaver software.
- Experience in providing Reference and Instruction Services.
- Familiar with Luna Digital Asset Management Software preferred.
- Cooperate with all coworkers and provides excellent customer service to all library patrons.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation and paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
Academy of Art University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, Aids or HIV positive status, marital status, domestic partnership, medical condition or genetic characteristics, race or national origin, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender identity, gender or sexual orientation, name change, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. Equal access to the hiring process, services, and employment is available to all persons. Applicants requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview process should contact the Human Resources Manager by calling 415-274-2222. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.