The University Library at California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) invites applications for a Tenure-track position at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian (12-month) with the appointment starting in Fall 2020.
At CSUDH, we celebrate and respect diversity in all forms that include every race, religion, gender, ethnicity, veterans, people with varied abilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. CSUDH is seeking applications from candidates who can demonstrate experience in teaching and working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and contribute to the University’s mission, vision, and core values. https://www.csudh.edu/president/strategic-planning/mission-vision-and-core-values/
The University Library at California State University, Dominguez Hills seeks a collaborative, user-centered (tenure-track) Discovery & Systems Librarian to join the Reference, Instruction, and Outreach Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining library systems which enhance discovery and access of library materials and services and will:
- Be responsible for the overall management, operation, support, and development of the integrated library system discovery layer (Ex Libris Primo) and related applications
- Support third party applications and integrations, such as EZProxy, ArchivesSpace, and ContentDM
- Design a seamless and intuitive online resource discovery and access experience
- Participate in the library’s liaison program in the areas of research consultation, collections, instruction, and outreach.
- Represent Library’s needs with campus IT and advocate for resources.
- Monitor and resolve reported issues.
The Discovery & Systems Librarian will collaborate with other library staff and faculty to develop policies, procedures and workflows that enhance access and discoverability of the library’s collections, web service integrations, and support the curation of the library’s digital content. Responsibilities also include service on system-wide and internal library committees pertaining to the integrated library system and other related systems. The incumbent will be a member of the Research, Instruction, and Outreach Services Department and thus will have reference, instruction, liaison, and collection development responsibilities. In addition, library faculty members are expected to engage in scholarship and service to the university and the profession.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution, or an appropriate equivalent, by the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of working with integrated library systems (ILS) and/or library services platforms (LSP) and one or more of the following: discovery services, link resolvers, proxy servers, and digital repositories.
- An understanding of issues and trends in resource discovery.
- Experience with library-related systems technologies, including working with vendor support for third-party systems (e.g. ILLiad, PeopleSoft).
- Demonstrated experience with authoring and editing HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of standards related to web accessibility and ADA compliance.
- Knowledge of web content management systems and their integration with library systems and services.
- Familiarity with library metadata standards.
- Demonstrated potential to meet the requirements for tenure and promotion under the library’s criteria for professional performance, scholarship, and service.
- Experience working successfully with people of various ages from diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively participate in the library’s liaison program in the areas of research consultation, collections, instruction, and outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and multiple tasks, while meeting deadlines and solving problems in a rapidly changing environment.
- A positive attitude, excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Applicants must have experience in working with students and colleagues from diverse age, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience developing and/or maintaining library web-based discovery systems/services (e.g. Primo).
- Demonstrated experience working with AngularJS and JSON.
- Experience with customization of end-user interfaces for licensed electronic resources (e.g. EBSCO).
- Demonstrated experience with web application development.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, Java.
- Demonstrated experience with JQuery and XML/XSLT.
- Experience with the following web management systems: LibApps, Drupal.
- Knowledge of authentication processes using Shibboleth and SAML.
- Familiarity with maintaining SSL web certificates.
- Demonstrated experience with using APIs and web services for integration and data retrieval.
Faculty Pay & Benefits
Appointment will be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian (12-Month), and salary will be dependent upon qualifications and professional experience.
How To Apply
The position is open until filled. Review of applications will begin in January 2020. For full consideration, please submit your completed application no later than January 21, 2020.
Register your online application under “View Jobs” under the New & Returning Applicants section at https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/index under Job ID 3632.
Submit the following in a single PDF file:
- Current Curriculum Vitae with contact information
- Cover letter
- List of 3 references with contact information
- Unofficial transcripts (an official transcript will be required for the finalist)
For finalists with international transcripts, a United States Equivalency certification will be required.
For more information about the University Library, CSUDH, and the South Bay region, please view our full job posting at https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/index. Scroll down to “New & Returning Applicants”, click on “View Job Opportunities”, and search for Job ID 3632.
California State University, Dominguez Hills seeks a tenure-track Discovery & Systems Librarian. View our full job posting at https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/index. Scroll down to “New & Returning Applicants”, click on “View Job Opportunities”, and search for Job ID 3632.