The Director for Library Data Management is responsible for the systemwide implementation and operation of the Unified Library Management System, which is used to manage the combined electronic and print library collections of the CSU libraries.
The CSU Chancellor’s Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
This position requires:
- A Master of Library and Information Science and a minimum five years’ experience directly supporting library systems and managing library IT, technical services, or access services staff in an academic library.
The Director works closely with librarians, administrators, and staff across the CSU to identify the means and methods used to create, maintain and utilize library data by CSU library staff, faculty, and administrators. The incumbent will assist Chancellor’s Office staff, campus library staff, and outside vendors and consultants in the implementation and support of the Unified Library Management System, and therefore requires:
- An acumen for leadership.
- Strong creative, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Experience successfully meeting inflexible project deadlines in tandem with vendors and external groups.
This position involves extensive knowledge of how library data is expressed in existing and new library systems as well as used by library staff to provide essential services to the students, faculty and staff of the CSU, and therefore requires:
- Deep knowledge of current library metadata standards and protocols.
- Deep knowledge of library operations and practices.
- Experience managing and manipulating library structured data.
- Experience with library services platforms. Preference given to experience working with Alma and Primo.
- Experience integrating disparate library systems data.
- Experience with creating or advising on library data workflows.
For more information, or to apply, please visit: