San Jose State University Library, part of the 23-campus California State University System, is hiring a full time ILS Applications and Data Coordinator (Classification: Library Services Specialist IV).
About the Position
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and functional support for modules of the SJSU integrated library system (ILS), a part of the CSU’s Unified Library Management System (ULMS); to provide leadership and planning for the management of data sets and resource records in the ILS and affiliated digital repositories; and to gather data and provide analytical reports from the ILS and associated integrations, including but not limited to fulfillment, resource sharing, and SUSHI and COUNTER/non-COUNTER e-resource usage data.
The position contributes to ILS module customization, configuration and enhancement; ULMS processes; and ILS-integrated third-party application programming interface (APIs). The incumbent creates ILS statistical reports and provides data analysis of the reports as well as working collaboratively with library departments to organize and ensure ongoing access to electronic resource records. The position also provides high-level expertise and leadership support to Library Administration in formulating, developing, and modifying library policies and procedures for the harvesting and management of statistical data, coordination of electronic and print resource record sets, and regarding ILS modules and APIs.
- High school education or equivalent certification
- Four years of related library and/or clerical experience or an equivalent combination of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) years’ experience working in an academic library environment
- Experience with administration of an Integrated Library System (ILS) such as Alma, or Voyager, including configuration of third party applications
- Experience working with scripts and APIs
- Experience/Knowledge of interlibrary loan and resource sharing integrations
- Experience/knowledge of library usage reporting methods and standards such as SUSHI harvesting and COUNTER
- Experience creating, analyzing and visualizing statistical reports from multiple data sources
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience/Knowledge of bibliographic record format standards such as MARC
For the complete job posting, https://jobs.sjsu.
About San Jose State University
- In the Heart of Silicon Valley
- 36,000 students
- 4,300 employees
- 250 areas of study
- Founded 1857
As one of the most transformative universities in the nation, San Jose State is ready for big change. As part of Transformation 2030, SJSU’s strategic plan, the campus community is dedicated to realizing the university’s potential as a nationally prominent urban public university.
San Jose State provides a comprehensive university education, granting bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in 250 areas of study. With approximately 36,000 students and nearly 4,300 employees, SJSU is an essential partner in the economic, cultural and social development of Silicon Valley and California.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library is a unique collaboration between the City of San José and the San José State University.