Temporary Librarian for the Henry Madden Library
The temporary librarian (20 hours per week) will perform duties within the Research Services unit of the library, including:
- Participating in the reference/research help activities of the unit, such as virtual reference and research consultations
- Working with faculty in both the library and campus departments to teach information literacy classes and workshops
- Creating LibGuides and other digital learning objects
- Assisting with unit projects, such as digital badging and assessment
Please be advised that an appointment is contingent upon budget and enrollment considerations and subject to order of assignment provisions in the collective bargaining agreement between California State University and California Faculty Association. These provisions state the “Order of Work,” or the order in which available courses must be assigned to faculty, starting with tenure line faculty and ending with new lecturer appointees.
Commensurate with experience.
The temporary faculty pool is continuously open, and positions are filled as needed, based on student enrollment and funding. This is a pool of part-time lecturers for the department to draw on as necessary. Appointments from the pool are temporary and often made just prior to the start of the academic term. Applicants may need to be available to begin teaching on short notice. The pool will remain in place for two academic terms; those interested in remaining in the pool beyond that time must reapply.
The Fall term begins in late August and ends in mid-December;
The Spring term begins mid- to late January and ends in mid- to late May;
Opportunities for teaching during the Summer and Winter Intersessions may also be available.
- Primary instruction will be on-campus once Fresno State repopulates according to CDC guidelines.
- Appointees will be required to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States.
For full information and to apply, visit https://careers.fresnostate.edu/en-us/job/498719/temporary-faculty-pool-public-library-services.