Woodbury University invites applications for a Library Public Services Coordinator at the San Diego campus. This position reports to the University Librarian and assists in oversight of programs, services and resources for the San Diego Library. Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the San Diego branch Library. In collaboration with the library faculty, provides general research assistance and instruction in library use to support program outcomes.
- Perform full range of circulation desk duties (e.g. checking materials in and out, renewing materials, dealing with billing issues). Answer patron questions related to policies and procedures. Assist patrons in the use of library services, facilities and equipment.
- Manage InterLibrary Loan functions for the San Diego campus community.
- Process and maintain course reserves materials.
- Check in and maintain serials collection; process serials invoices.
- Participate in collection evaluation and development.
- Coordinate the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation of student workers. Schedule student workers. Communicate with Financial Aid regarding students’ work-study awards. Verify and approve student employee timesheets.
- Coordinate stacks maintenance and facility maintenance.
- Prepare reports; gather and maintain library statistics.
- Assist with the processing of new materials and donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A two year college degree (AA or AS) in any field required.
- Two years of related library experience required; three years preferred.
- Ability to handle public contacts with tact, courtesy, patience and firmness.
- Ability to work independently without supervision; ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to delegate tasks responsibly and oversee their completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attentive to detail.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, calendaring software, and standard office equipment; ability to learn new applications such as OCLC WorldShare Management system.
- Subject background in Library Science.
- Subject background in Architecture, Art or Design.
- General knowledge of scholarly research methods in an academic environment.
This position is eligible for University sponsored employee benefit plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance, life insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, annual vacation, sick, and paid holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and conditions of each plan and program.
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until filled. Expected start date is mid-August. All application materials must be submitted through the Woodbury University Job Board. Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will not be considered. Submissions must include a current resume/CV which lists educational and employment history.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.