Below is the general announcement, but for specific skill sets and qualifications (and supplementary materials), please click on the link above to fill out the application, attach resume, references and specific additional materials as requested from above.
Questions related to the position should be posted to our District’s Human Resources: HR@clpccd.org
Job Title: Librarian (Emphasis in User Experience and Technology)
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian (Emphasis in User Experience and Technology) for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
The Librarian (with emphasis in User Experience and Technology) plays a key role in creating an excellent experience for both physical and virtual users of Chabot Library. The Librarian develops methodologies to measure changing student/faculty needs in library services, technology, and develops implementation plans for innovations that better reflect changing trends in student, faculty and staff needs.
In collaboration with the other Chabot Librarians, recommend options for innovation and engage with other Public Services staff for planning and implementation. The Librarian supports faculty and conducts and reviews all facets of cataloging and the course reserves, including copyright compliance.
The Chabot College Community
Chabot College is committed to educational equity in its academic programs and college services so that students may achieve their personal, educational, and career goals. Our equity work today builds upon a strong history: the Puente and Umoja programs were first created at Chabot College, and have since been replicated across the state. These programs have paved the way for a series of additional educational and student support programs intentionally focused on equity that thrive at Chabot College today. Chabot College is located in Hayward, California, the third most diverse city in the United States. We serve a highly diverse student population and are proud to be designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Information about the demographics of our campus community can be found https://www.chabotcollege.edu/ir/index.asp.
Serving our diverse community requires a culturally-responsive approach that recognizes the myriad strengths and assets that our students bring to the campus community. We do so by promoting a classroom and co-curricular learning environment that is inclusive, collaborative, engaging, and challenging, and where respect, dignity, and integrity are core values. We see students as producers of knowledge, not just consumers of knowledge. We work to reframe inequities as a problem of practice, and view the elimination of inequities as an individual and institutional responsibility.
Joining Our College Community
We seek equity-minded applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits diversity brings to an educational community. We look for applicants who:
- Value and intentionally promote diversity and consciousness of difference
- Demonstrate cultural humility and an ongoing desire to improve cultural competence
- Are dedicated to addressing issues of social justice
- Accept their shared role and responsibility in addressing opportunity and achievement gaps experienced by students
- Have experience and success in closing student equity gaps and engaging in equitable practices, or are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about implementing practices that achieve these goals
- Actively seek to identify, disrupt, and remove institutional and/or systemic barriers that adversely impact historically marginalized communities
- Empower the underrepresented and underserved
- Foster students’ potential to become global citizens and socially responsible leaders
- Believe that all people have the right to an education and work environment free from fear, harassment, or discrimination.