California State University, Stanislaus is seeking a highly motivated, innovative and skilled librarian with a passion for web technologies to join the library faculty as the Web Services Librarian. The Web Services Librarian leads the effort of maintaining, designing and continuously improving the University Library’s website architecture and integration of web-based services.
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track faculty position. Screening of completed applications begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. This position is available to start fall 2021; the start date is negotiable.
For more information and to apply see: https://careers.csustan.edu/st/en-us/job/500731/web-services-librarian
The University Library, one of twenty-three libraries in the California State University System, supports the mission of the University in “creating an inclusive learning environment which encourages all members of the campus community to expand their intellectual, creative, and social horizons” and is committed to providing access to information resources and services that facilitate teaching, learning and research. The Library website is a critical tool for enhancing research, instruction and information literacy. The Web Services Librarian will participate in the library instruction program, providing services at the research help desk and in the classrooms.
The University Library is a unit within Academic Affairs and operates under the direction of the Dean of Library Services. Library faculty must demonstrate proficiency in the areas of librarianship; research, scholarship and/or creative activities; and participation in University affairs in order to earn tenure and promotion. The library faculty work collaboratively in the spirit of shared governance to formulate library practices and policies and value consultation, flexibility and enthusiasm for an evolving environment.
The Library dean, faculty and staff strongly supports the University’s commitment to social justice and equity. Applicants whose research interests and/or experience includes issues of social justice, anti-racism, diversity and inclusion are encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain, design, and continuously improve the library website’s architecture and integration of web-based services
- Manage the library’s Springshare products, including LibGuides, LibGuides CMS, LibAnswers, LibWizard, LibInsight and LibCal
- Develop procedures and maintain documentation for website maintenance
- Conduct website accessibility scans and tests to ensure WCAG and ADA compliance
- Conduct usability tests and studies to improve website usability, responsiveness, and overall user experience
- Work with library technology staff and liaise with other campus units (such as the Office of Information Technology, Office of Academic Technology and Office of Communications & Public Affairs) for web-based services
- Engage in regular professional development and stay abreast of trends and development pertinent to web and library technologies
- Provide research assistance at the library reference/research help desk during scheduled times, by appointment, and through web-based interactive services
- Participate in the library instruction program for both classroom and online learning environments
- Participate in the library’s collection development and liaison program
- Participate in library and university committees and affairs
- Perform other faculty duties as required
- ALA-accredited or equivalent graduate degree if earned from outside the U.S. or Canada
- Working knowledge and experience with web content management system, such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla, Pantheon, etc.
- Working knowledge of user interface design standards, information architecture, web accessibility standards and usability testing
- Familiarity with web analytics software, such as Google Analytics
- Experience using APIs
- Experience with providing reference/research assistance
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to collaborate and work effectively within and across organizational boundaries in a diverse environment
- Positive attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for a changing environment
- Professional experience with Springshare products
- Experience with learning management systems, such as Canvas
- Experience conducting library instruction sessions (at reference desk and/or in classroom) in an academic environment
- Experience working with Ex Libris Alma and Primo systems
- Second master’s degree, other advanced degree, or professional trainings pertinent to web development
How To Apply &Amp; Deadline:
A complete application is required and must include: an application letter, specifically addressing the position description and qualifications; unofficial graduate transcripts; diversity statement; a professional CV; and contact information for at least three professional references. Official transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
Please visit the university’s career opportunities website at: https://careers.csustan.edu/st/en-us/job/500731/web-services-librarian
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
Dean Ronald Rodriguez
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle, Turlock, CA