College of Natural Resources & Sciences Librarian – temporary (Job #7227)
The Humboldt State University Library seeks a collaborative and innovative instruction librarian to focus on the development and delivery of user-centered library services to the students, faculty and staff. As a member of the Library’s Information & Research Services team, the successful candidate will collaborate on instruction and research services programs, assessment of programs, and collection development activities. We invite applications for the temporary, full-time, 12-month College of Natural Resources & Sciences (CNRS) librarian position. The temporary 12-month position carries faculty rank.
- Provide effective outreach to and expert research consultation and services in support of learning, research, teaching, and scholarship to CNRS students, faculty, and staff;
- Participate in the Library’s shared instruction program, including instruction to liaison areas, and information literacy assessment;
- Provides synchronous and asynchronous online instruction and reference services to support the College’s hybrid and online courses and programs;
- Provides general reference assistance; assisting students and faculty in locating appropriate scholarly resources, data sets, etc.;
- Consult with faculty to identify and integrate appropriate library resources and services, and open educational resources in the curriculum or projects;
- Collaborates with CNRS faculty and students, and with Librarians in Collection Development, to assess and develop high-quality digital and print collections that support CNRS and University at large;
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Degree: An earned ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library science or an ALA-accredited degree from an equivalent program is required; or must graduate with MLS/MLIS within 6 months of application and has previous academic library work experience.
Preferred: An earned ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library science or an ALA-accredited degree from an equivalent program. Demonstrated experience with library instruction to undergraduate students; demonstrated experience providing reference services; demonstrated experience working with a diverse population; and excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Apply Here: https://apply.interfolio.com/
HSU Library offers opportunities to be creative in instruction and programming, and encourages librarians to develop projects related to their individual goals. If you are interested in collaborating with librarians, faculty, students, and staff in support of teaching, learning and research this may be the job for you. Check out our Annual Report to see what HSU Library has done to foster a community that supports scholarship, creativity, and innovation on campus. Library website: https://library.humboldt.edu/
It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide complete and accurate employment information. Evidence of required degree(s), certifications(s), or licenses(s) will be required prior to the appointment date. A background check (including a criminal records check, employment verification, and education verification) must be completed satisfactorily as a condition of employment with the CSU. Certain positions may also require a credit check, motor vehicle report, and/or fingerprinting through Live Scan service. Adverse findings from a background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. All CSU employees are obligated to respond to and report incidents of sexual harassment and sexual violence. The successful candidate for this position will be mandated to receive relevant training on an annual basis. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and
Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
New employees hired by the CSU for the first time who first become CalPERS members on or after July 1, 2017 are subject to a 10 year vesting period for retiree health and dental benefits.
Humboldt State University is a Title IX/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. If accommodations need to be made during the recruitment and interview process, please contact Human Resources at (707) 826-3626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.