Part-Time Temporary Reference Librarian (University of San Diego)
Job Description: Copley Library seeks a part time temporary librarian to provide reference services to USD
students, faculty, and staff. The part time librarian will be responsible for providing both in-person and online
reference assistance during assigned shifts at the reference services desk. This position requires flexibility in
scheduling and may include late afternoon, evening and weekend shifts. This is an hourly position with the
possibility of a maximum of 15 hours per week.
It is a part-time, temporary non benefit based position with an assignment end date of 8/1/2014.
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Experience providing reference services in an academic library.
- Experience teaching the effective use of online and print research resources.
- Experience providing reference services via chat, email, text message, and other virtual methods.
- Experience using the LibAnswers online reference services platform/interface.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide
official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request
official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: $21.50 – $23.50 per hour; commensurate with experience.
Hours: 0 – 15 hours per week