Deadline (close date) is 2/19/14
Library Services (Kennedy Library) is responsible for planning, implementing and managing campus-wide information resources and related services with an annual budget of $6+ million and approximately 50 staff. Library Services has five departments: Academic Services, Communications and Special Initiatives, Information Resources and Resource Sharing, Library Information Technology, and Special Collections and Archives, in addition to Library Administrative Services.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Administrative Operations and Services Specialist, this position provides specialized administrative, technical and analytical duties for budget, and fiscal processes. This position is accountable for the accurate completion of library budget and fiscal processes, gathers and provides financial and statistical information, analyzes financial data, patterns and projections; and collaborates closely with the management team to ensure that library financial functions operate effectively, and within Information Services, Library, and campus standards and guidelines.
Incumbents in positions at the Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Non-Exempt level serve primarily as individual contributors providing day-to-day administration of a program, and/or performing a variety of administrative and technical duties requiring knowledge of methods and procedures in support of an organizational unit. Administrative and analytical work relates primarily to operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn Library, university, and CSU policies and procedures; Cal Poly Campus Administrative Policies (CAP), Campus Administrative Manual (CAM); Collective Bargaining Agreements; Executive Orders and Coded Memoranda.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures in a complex environment, and demonstrated ability to interpret and apply them.
- Knowledge and ability in the execution of principles and best practices associated with fiscal management, record keeping, accounting and budgeting. Skill in operational and fiscal analysis.
- Ability to independently learn, interpret, communicate, and apply various policies and procedures, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions. Ability to use ingenuity and perspective when considering problems and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to extract and analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining strict confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Experience with compiling and maintaining complex and extensive records, and preparing reports and summaries, ability to effectively write and present reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, online systems, Internet, as well as online calendaring and email. The ability to quickly learn a variety of Cal Poly systems (Zimbra email and calendaring; PeopleSoft Financials, Business Objects (BOE), Advance-Web, and Student and Human Resource Administration).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and independently organize and plan work, including handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines and determining priorities. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently with limited supervision, or as part of a team.
- Eagerness and capacity to learn and adapt quickly to new technology, software, situations, methods and procedures; general interest in making full and efficient use of information technology and resources.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive and professional working relationships; ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels, and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
To apply, visit WWW.CALPOLYJOBS.ORG to complete the required online staff application and apply to requisition #103151. Applicants will have the option of attaching a Cover Letter, Resume and three Letters of Recommendation via the online employment system. Applicants needing computer/internet access may contact Cal Poly Human Resources at: (805) 756-2236, for information on available resources.