Librarian, Coordinator of Library Instruction and Reference, Library Services
Reports to: Director of Library Services
Position: Regular, Full Time
Salary Range: $48,000-$55,000 per year
FLSA Status: Exempt
Applications will be accepted for consideration until it is filled
Fielding Graduate University is a premier distributed learning institution and the best graduate school for adult learners. Based in Santa Barbara, CA, the full time position of Librarian, Coordinator of Library Instruction and Reference, is positioned to play a unique institutional role in designing, developing and evaluating forward thinking library instruction and virtual reference services for distance learners. We are seeking a dynamic, service-oriented candidate to identify new and creative ways to enhance student learning and research skills.
The Librarian provides group and one-on-one instruction using web conferencing software, to a geographically dispersed community of faculty and mid-career graduate students (mostly doctoral). The librarian creates current instructional content including original tutorials, recorded sessions, LibGuides and slide and video presentations. The librarian promotes awareness of library instruction services to faculty and students and explores, develops, promotes, and evaluates innovative online tools and services.
The Librarian demonstrates excellent customer service and provides both quick and in-depth reference service via email, telephone, chat, teleconferencing, or in-person. The Librarian also oversees document delivery service and takes on additional special projects as assigned. The Librarian also maintains current awareness of database interface changes, distance learning tools and overall developments in library instruction best practices.
Candidates will have:
- Excellent public service and communication skills
- Knowledge of different learning styles, especially problem-based or activity-based learning
- Subject area expertise in the social sciences
- Ability to contact and interact with library database vendor technical support teams
- Ability to work across Windows and Mac platforms
- Ability to be flexible with projects and work on multiple projects both independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
The ideal candidate will have a Masters degree in Library Science, Information Science, or related graduate degree. In addition, applicants must have the ability to provide top notch instruction using web based media to our graduate students. If you are an excellent presenter with a service oriented approach we encourage you to apply.
We welcome recent graduates that are excited about developing a long term career in Library Services at the graduate university level to apply. Although preference will be given to candidates with the some or all of the following:
- Excellent teaching skills
- Experience with library web applications such as link resolvers and modern discovery systems (e.g. Serials Solutions, Ezproxy, OpenURL resolvers, metasearch engines)
- Web conferencing, multi-media authoring programs, online learning platforms, HTML, presentation software , and web and video creation tools
- Understanding mobile technology and its application in online instruction
- Applying adult learning theory
To apply for this opportunity click here or follow the link below. Make sure to have your employment history, educational information, and professional references readily available so that you may input this information into the application. All applicants will also be required to upload their resume and cover letter as one document in the application resume upload field. The application takes approximately 30-60 minutes to complete and the system will not save your information until you fully complete and submit the application. Upon completion, applicants will receive confirmation by email. An employment offer is contingent upon the positive outcome of a background check including a criminal history and educational degree verification.
Fielding Graduate University is committed to social justice, the principles and practice of diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups. We offer a friendly, professional environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Fielding employees enjoy a friendly, professional environment with competitive salaries and excellent benefits which include 37.5 hour work week, 14 paid holidays per year, generous vacation leave, medical/dental/vision insurances, FSA accounts, Childcare Assistance, Tuition Assistance, retirement contributions after one year of service as well as other benefits.
To apply visit: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9486011