June 10, 2017
The Claremont Colleges Library (CCL) is vitalizing its programs and services for collecting, preserving, and making discoverable digital content. The Claremont Colleges Digital Library (CCDL) and Scholarship@Claremont, our digital publishing platform and institutional repository, contain rich collections including faculty and student publications and primary resources. We are seeking skilled individuals with enthusiasm and passion to work with faculty, students, and librarians to create collaborations in the creation and use of digital resources in research, teaching, and learning. The CCL’s digital asset collections, including original content and open educational resources, will grow as our partnerships with intercollegiate programs, such as Digital Humanities, Envirolab Asia, and the Center for Teaching and Learning, mature. We are looking to create a robust technical and staffing infrastructure to support these activities, and the Original Cataloging and Metadata Team Leader (OCMTL) will play a role in leading the way.
The OCMTL provides leadership, vision, and strategic direction for the description and discoverability of the Claremont Colleges Library’s (CCL) information resources. The OCMTL supervises two cataloging staff assistants in creating metadata for information resources in all formats, including physical and electronic materials in the general collections, special collections, and the library’s growing digital assets. The OCMTL ensures metadata support for current and future modes of scholarly communication. The successful candidate will have a clear vision for the future of metadata and resource discovery and access, and will work to achieve that vision in a technological environment that includes the CCL’s integrated library system – OCLC’s WMS — and other digital platforms. Working closely with colleagues in digital asset management, the OCMTL will manage workflows for metadata creation and quality control for growing collections of content in the Claremont Colleges Digital Library and Scholarship@Claremont, the institutional repository.
For more details of the position and requirements, please see
June 6, 2017
LAC Group seeks a Law Librarian to provide legal research for our client, a global law firm with offices in San Francisco CA. The Librarian will provide research and support attorneys. This position is a full-time employment opportunity.
- Strong reference capabilities and the ability to perform electronic resources management.
- Provide support for attorneys and paralegals with research into local, State and Federal law. This requires exploration into all areas of the firm’s fields of practice. Including, but not limited to: Litigation, Tax, Corporate and Securities, Intellectual Property, Employment, and Real Property and Construction Litigation.
- Develop a knowledge of practice areas and specific projects, and work proactively to provide information and news as it develops.
- Assist with training Summer Associates in legal research tools and strategies, and help familiarize newly minted attorneys to the practice of law and expectations of a large law firm environment.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of business and news information resources.
- Research and retrieve primary and secondary local, state and federal materials.
- Research other materials not in legal databases that support attorney strategies and requirements.
- Identify and provide practice guide materials as appropriate to specific issues and needs.
- Research both past and ongoing legislative developments in a variety of industries.
- Assist in the evaluation of information resources that support the firm’s practice areas.
- Synthesize various types of search results and types of documents into a coherent and concise package.
- Monitor clients, competitors, industries, economic projections and trends.
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science, with a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a law firm or professional services environment that supports attorneys.
- Proficiency with online legal, business and industry resources such as Lexis, Westlaw, Monitor Suite and Bloomberg is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
To apply, please visit: https://lac-group.secure.force.com/LIBGIG/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0E1200000O25VvEAJ&tSource=
June 6, 2017
Reference and Circulation Services Manager at Santa Clara University Library
Come and join an award-winning library! Santa Clara University, winner of the 2017 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award, welcomes applications for the position of Reference and Circulation Services Manager.
This critical position manages and provides leadership for the core public services provided to students, faculty and staff. The Reference and Circulation Services Manager is responsible for directly supervising 2 full-time staff, supervising all student assistants, and overseeing the work of other full-time staff. The Reference and Circulation Services Manager creates, coordinates, implements and evaluates Reference, Circulation, Privileges, and other services that ensure access to information. The position is also responsible for training all student assistants, full-time staff, and librarians who provide services at the single service point. The Manager has primary responsibility for managing the staffing and delivery of the reference appointment service.
Please see the full job announcement, and instructions for applying at
Applications received by June 23, 2017 will receive first consideration.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
June 6, 2017
Film & Media Services Librarian
Instruction Services Division
$58,400 – $76,227 per annum, based on qualifications
This is a full-time appointment available starting August 2017.
The University of California, Berkeley seeks a collaborative, service-oriented librarian with subject specialization, technical knowledge, and a strong commitment to the user experience to develop media services that engage and support faculty and students in teaching, learning, and research.
Read the rest of this entry »
June 1, 2017
Organization University of California, Santa Cruz
Position Interlibrary Loan Assistant III
Initial Review Date June 6, 2017
User Services & Resource Sharing (US&RS) is a public service department comprised of the Circulation, Collection Maintenance, Interlibrary Loan, Media Center, Operations, and Reserves Units. Its primary function is to make UCSC collections and services accessible to patrons and to support the teaching mission of the University and the research needs of the community. This position works Sunday – Thursday and performs duties in the Interlibrary Loan and Circulation units. The main responsibilities of this position are to:
- Perform and supervise Interlibrary Loan workflow functions.
- Supervise Interlibrary Loan student staff.
- Provide public service at service points in the libraries and perform daily circulation workflow functions.
- Participate in projects and committees formed to further enhance the work of US&RS.
June 1, 2017
Access Services Manager
Sonoma State University
The Library at Sonoma State University has an opening for an Access Services Manager. This is a great job for someone ready for that next challenge. Our ideal candidate can provide management and guidance for circulation, reserves, and resource fulfillment (interlibrary loan) services, and supervises regular and student personnel. This person will work closely and consultatively with library and campus faculty, students, and staff to ensure optimal services and well-managed, collegial relationships with key stakeholders. We need someone who will participate collaboratively in the development of innovative approaches to the delivery of excellent public services in an organization committed to the highest quality of virtual and physical service.
We are a great group of people to work with, located in a beautiful area just one hour north of San Francisco and surrounded by vibrant communities as well as areas of great natural beauty. If we’ve caught your attention, please follow this link to apply, and select job ID number 104375. First review of applications will take place on June 5, and the position will remain open until filled.
June 1, 2017
Come make a difference at Foothill College, a community college located in the heart of Silicon Valley!
Foothill College is seeking a collaborative and service-oriented Technical Services Librarian to provide leadership for the library with respect to bibliographic and cataloging trends.
Salary Range: $62,772-$103,094 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
Starting Date: Fall 2017.
For a complete position description and application process, please visit
Preference will be given to applications received by the initial review date.