The University of California, San Diego Library seeks applications from highly motivated, innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented professionals to join the Library as our Biological Sciences Librarian (at the level of Assistant, Associate or Full Librarian). The Biological Sciences Librarian will have the opportunity to develop and extend information services to a major center of academic excellence and scientific innovation.
Deadline: July 9, 2018
Responsibilities of the Position
The Biological Sciences Librarian will strategically engage with students, faculty, and researchers to identify areas of library partnership and support education and research at multiple levels. This position reports to the Assistant Director of the Library’s Academic Liaison Program. The candidate will:
- Partner with students, faculty, and researchers to define and meet information needs for education and research in the Division of Biological Sciences.
- Serve as the primary contact and information resource for the Division of Biological Sciences on library services, resources, and policies.
- Provide consultation and reference services to support undergraduate, graduate, and faculty research, teaching and learning endeavors.
- Develop learning programs and tools tailored to biological sciences to improve information and data literacy.
- Develop and maintain biology-related collections in all formats and collaborate with other librarians and staff on collection management activities.
- Collaborate with research data curation, data sciences, scholarly communications, and subject librarians to develop and implement information services throughout the research lifecycle.