The USC Libraries actively support the discovery, creation, and preservation of knowledge. We develop collections and services that support and encourage the academic endeavors of faculty, students, and staff; build a community of critical consumers of information; and help develop engaged world citizens. Through these means, we contribute to the continued success of the University of Southern California. The USC Libraries includes the Doheny Memorial Library and fourteen specialized libraries with an operating budget of approximately $41 million. Library collections encompass over 4.2 million volumes, 5.9 million microforms, 3.1 million images, 49,300 linear feet of manuscripts and archives, with access to over 113,800 serials in print and electronic formats, over 1,650 datasets, and nearly 1.3 million e-books. For more information, visit libraries.usc.edu.
The USC Libraries have several positions available: Digital Imaging Specialist, Archivist, and Lead Archivist. These positions are one-year fixed-term positions.
As part of the application procedure, candidates must upload one document file (PDF) that contains the following: 1) a cover letter, 2) Resume (including telephone and e-mail address).
The Libraries of the University of Southern California seeking a Lead Archivist to work within the Technical Services and Collection Development unit. This position will operate as a Lead Processing Archivist and assume some Processing Archivist duties, while also assuming a project management role. Successful candidates for these positions will have an educational background in libraries, specifically archives, and experience in project management and supervisory positions.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree; combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Minimum Experience: 2 years working in libraries or special collections environments
- Minimum Field of Expertise: Considerable specialized knowledge of contemporary archival and records management principles and practices. Experience with, ArchivesSpace, and creation of finding aids. Familiarity with DACS, RDA, LCSH, and MARC21. Demonstrated interpersonal, project management, analytical and research skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaborative to achieve goals set forth by the position. Knowledge or background in preservation management. Requires computer skills and ability to work with electronic records and databases. Experience utilizing digital reproduction technologies such as scanners and digital cameras for preservation.
- Preferred Education: Master’s Degree or Archivist Certification
- Preferred Field of Experience: Processing archivist experience. Supervisory ability and experience.
Job Posting: https://usc.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ExternalUSCCareers/job/Los-Angeles-CA—University-Park-Campus/Lead-Archivist–Fixed-Term-_REQ20100279
USC is an equal-opportunity educator and employer, proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding persons of every race, gender, creed and background. The university particularly encourages members of underrepresented groups, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. USC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Further information is available by contacting email@example.com.