Dear Sponsors and Exhibitors:
Every two years the California Academic and Research Libraries (CARL) hosts a three day conference. The next conference will take place April 8-10, 2010 at Holiday Inn in Sacramento. The theme will be People Make Libraries: Digging into Our Past and Polishing Our Present to Transform Our Future. The keynote speakers will be Dr. Peter Hernon and Melanie Hawks. Click here for more information on speakers and sessions. Past conferences have drawn between 250 and 300 people who, or are considering, work in academic and research libraries. Many of the attendees are involved with professional development, internships, project management, and recruitment as well as recommending, selecting, or purchasing materials and products for their particular institutions.
CARL is currently seeking partners to exhibit at and sponsor this conference. Exhibitors might choose to share their latest products, services, and opportunities with conference participants. Sponsors might choose to support a conference activity or scholarship. Keeping in mind tough economic times our a reality for all involved in information endeavors, we have provided a variety of sponsorship opportunities in the attached CARL Conference Sponsorship Form. In addition, your company may have supported conferences in other ways over the years, so don't hesitate to email me with a suggestion that would work best for your company.
Here are some specific opportunities to promote your company’s products and services that may be of interest to you:
- Sponsor a table at the welcome reception (Thursday April 8, 2010) for $100.00
- Allows your company to exhibit new products and services. Reception will include food as well as poster sessions from conference attendees. Tables include power and the room has wireless internet available.
- Make a Donation to the Ilene F. Rockman Scholarship Fund for $100.00 or more
- Allows your company to be recognized in the annual conference program, at the awards luncheon, and in the California library and information science student community.
- Sponsor the CARL Research Award for $250.00 - $1500.00
- Allows your company to be recognized in the annual conference program, at the awards luncheon, and in the California library and information science research community.
- Sponsor a Coffee Break for $1000.00 - $3,000
- Allows your company to be recognized at each sponsored break, in the annual conference program, and at the awards luncheon.
- Sponsor Opening Reception for $6000.00
- Allows your company as the opening reception sponsor, in the annual conference program, and at the awards luncheon.
- Sponsor Meal for $2000.00 - $8000.00
- Allows your company as the meal sponsor, in the annual conference program, and at the awards luncheon.
Each donation will be issued a thank you letter which includes our Taxpayer ID number. Those wishing to sponsor an exhibit table at the welcome reception will be sent additional information regarding set-up.
Thank you for your consideration,
2010 CARL Conference Chair
Print and mail your sponsorship form (.doc) and check to:
Dean of the Library
John Spoor Broome Library
CSU Channel Islands
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012
Contact Kelly Janosek to pay by credit card.